Before start using this application on Android/iOS mobile, need to update a few settings in the printer. Please follow the below steps to update settings.
How To Find Printer IP:
- Click on the information icon on printer home screen.
- Choose Ethernet option from Information page
- Find IPv4 Address under Ethernet section.
Open the printer EWS page using the printer IP address in the web browser and log in with the Admin password.
Choose Security option from the menu bar and choose Web Service Security option from the left side menu
Enable CORS by checking Enable Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) option on the screen.
Update Inactivity Timeout (Optional):
For the printer's default, Inactive Timeout is 60 seconds. This means if the application is not performing any operation on the printer for 60 seconds, the printer will disconnect the connection with the mobile.
- Open the printer EWS page using the printer IP address in the web browser and log in with the Admin password.
- Choose General option from the menu bar and choose Display Settings from the left side menu.
- From this screen update the Inactivity Timeout as high as possible. Click Apply to save the options.
Mobile Application Flow:
Connect Screen: With this screen, the user can connect to any printer by entering the Printer IP address and Admin password. If the printer doesn’t have the admin password, then the application will directly connect to the printer. Once the application is able to connect to the printer, then it will redirect to the application home screen, where we can perform Print, Scan and Copy operations.
- Recent Printers: Under the Recent printers section, the application will show a list of printers which are connected recently. Users can click any recent printer’s Connect option then it can connect to a recent printer, without entering the password again. If the user wants to disconnect the connected printer, the user can disconnect by clicking the Disconnect from recent printers section. Also by clicking on the IP address of connected printer, it will redirect to the home screen.
*Note: TouchFree MFP application solution will work when both printer and phone are into the same network and are accessible. All the network connections would be restricted to HTTP only.
Application Home Screen/Printer Screen: After successfully connected to any printer from the Connect screen. The application will redirect to the Home/Printer screen.
- With the top right hamburger option to user can navigate to Subscription, Help and App Guide screens.
- User can see the printer name and the capabilities of that printer.
- Option to switch between Print, Scan and Copy
- Print, Scan and Copy settings.
- Button to start Print/Scan/Copy operation in printer.
Print Operation: Before starting the print operation from the printer, the user needs to choose a file from the device by clicking “Choose file”. After picking the file there is a small preview with the selected file.
*Note: Currently supported print file types are PDF and TIFF only.
Scan Operation: Before starting the scan operation in the printer, the user needs to add the file name for the scanned file. Once a document is scanned in the printer, the application will show a preview of the scanned document. Then the user can click “Save” to save the file, or the user can cancel by clicking the “Cancel” button. Also user can share the scanned document to any social application by choosing the share option (during share scanned document will save and then it will share).
*Note: Currently supported scan file types are PDF, PNG and JPEG for Android & PDF, PNG, JPEG and TIFF for iOS.
Also sharing the scanned document is a premium feature in this application.
Copy Operation: With this feature user can copy the document and this operation contains both scan and print settings.
*Note: The copy document feature is a premium feature in this application.
Other Screens: As mentioned in the Home Screen section by clicking the top right hamburger option, user can navigate to Subscription, Help and App Guide screens.
*Note: Android shown on left, iOS shown on the right.
Subscription Screen: This screen shows your account type and link to upgrade to premium features. Also it will show information about the premium features in the application.
*Note: Android shown on left, iOS shown on the right
Help Screen: From this screen, the user can find the current version of the application, and Contact Us link.
App Guide: User can find the App Guide option by clicking on top right hamburger icon from any screen. This option will give the complete guide about the application and prerequisites to use this application.
Devices in Use on Printer: Once the application is successfully connected to the printer, the printer will show a screen with a "Device in use" message until the mobile application has disconnected from the printer.